Fw: Stolen Tolkien letter

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2005
      FYI, folks--spread the word.

      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)
      ----- Forwarded by Edith Crowe/SJSU on 09/12/2005 08:46 AM -----

      Michael Silverman <ms@...>
      09/11/2005 08:33 AM

      <Edith.Crowe@...>
      cc

      Subject
      Stolen Tolkien letter

      I am a London (UK) based dealer in autograph & manuscripts. I was recently
      defrauded of a Tolkien letter (credit card fraud). I have alerted the
      police, booktrade associations, etc., but thought I might also make my
      loss
      known to one or two special interest groups such as yourselves. As the
      letter is dated, I am rather hoping that it might surface one day & that I
      might then be able to reclaim it.

      If you feel able to mention the details in your website/newsletter or
      similar, I should be obliged. The letter was delivered to an address in
      Northern Ireland, but of course it may turn up anywhere.

      The letter is:-

      JRR Tolkien. Typed Letter Signed to Roger Shaw, 1p. 4to. January 7, 1966.

      My details are:-

      Michael Silverman
      P.O. Box 350
      London SE3 0LZ
      UK

      Tel. 44-20-8319-4452
      Fax. 44-20-8856-6006

      email: ms@...

      Thanks for any assistance you might be able to give,

      Sincerely, Michael Silverman