Saints, Serpents, and Sirens: Fairy Tales for a Skeptical World

  • Jef Murray
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Greetings!

      Here's a note for those of you looking for some fun in the Atlanta
      area _after_ Dragon*Con is over!

      I would like to invite all Tolkien fans to a reception (read that as
      free food and drink, all you hobbits!) at the Red Wall Gallery on
      Friday, September 9, from 7-9pm. The gallery is in the basement of St.
      John Chrysostom Catholic church at 1428 Ponce de Leon Avenue in
      Atlanta. This reception is free, and all are welcome (including, nay
      especially, children :).

      This informal party kicks off the art show for some of my latest
      paintings. The show will run through the end of September, and is
      entitled "Saints, Serpents, and Sirens: Fairy Tales for a Skeptical
      World". It will feature original framed canvasses and cutouts from my
      "Once Upon A Time", "Tolkien-Inspired", "Sacred and Religious", and
      "Mythological and Whimsical Beasts" galleries (please see
      http://www.JefMurray.com ). All pieces will be offered for sale, and
      signed prints of each will also be available at the reception.

      I hope you'll join us for this fun evening! More than anything else,
      it is an excuse to meet new folks, and for me to say "thank you" to
      those of you who have supported my work throughout the years. It's
      also a chance to introduce many of you to the Red Wall Gallery, which
      is a marvellous venue for art shows as well as art classes for
      children and adults.

      I hope to you on the 9th!

      Nai i-Valar tiralyƫ!

      Jef

      P.S. We'll be serving wine and light refreshments at the reception.
      Directions to St. John Chrysostom church are on my website. Advance
      copies of the program for the show are also available...email me for
      either an electronic copy or I'd be happy to pop one in the mail
      for you.