Re: [mythsoc] 2005 Mythopoeic Awards

  • mafoster@direcway.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 21, 2005
      Will post clerihew contest winners when back in the USA 9/1. Eiger, Jungfraujoch, etc. in Swiss Alps all HOBBIT country, it seems.

      Mike

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 22, 2005
        Thank you! As David Lenander said, this one was all my own writing.
        The next thing to come out will most likely be the Dorothy L. Sayers
        short story "The Travelling Rug," from the Mythopoeic Press -- I did the
        annotations and Joe Christopher did the introduction and bibliography.
        It's going to be a neat little book, and it's a great story -- too bad
        Sayers didn't write more in this series! Right now I'm editing "Tolkien
        and Shakespeare: Influences, Echoes, Revisions," which includes a couple
        of essays from our Mythcon in Colorado. Should be out sometime next
        year, and there are some really exciting papers in it. Hope you will
        all enjoy it!

        Janet Brennan Croft

        > Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies Janet Brennan Croft,
        > War and the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien (Praeger Publishers, 2004)

        Congratulations, Janet and all of you who has essays in this! Yay!

        So, when's your next book coming out, Janet?

        Berni

        href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h6rervq/M=362335.6886444.7839734.257
        5449/D=groups/S=1705020227:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124515325/A=2894362/R=0/SIG=1
        38c78jl6/*http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/arts_culture/?source=YAHO
        without music, dance, and theater?Donate or volunteer in the arts today
        at Network for Good</a>.</font>

        Links
      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2005
          Yay! Congrats to Janet! ---djb

          > Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies
          > Janet Brennan Croft, War and the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien (Praeger
          > Publishers, 2004)

          Congratulations, Janet and all of you who has essays in this! Yay!

          So, when's your next book coming out, Janet?

          Berni

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • Bonnie Callahan
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2005
            Add me in, Janet! Kudos!--Bonnie

            "dianejoy@..." wrote:

            > Yay! Congrats to Janet! ---djb

          • Croft, Janet B.
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2005
              Thank you all (blushes)!

              Janet
              > > Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies Janet Brennan
              > > Croft, War and the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien (Praeger Publishers,
              > > 2004)
              >
              > Congratulations, Janet and all of you who has essays in this! Yay!
              >
              > So, when's your next book coming out, Janet?
              >
              > Berni
              >
              > The Mythopoeic Society website http://www.mythsoc.org Yahoo! Groups
              > Links

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • dianejoy@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2005
                You deserve every blush! Yay! Congratulations! (Now, to find a copy and
                read!) ---djb