Re: Snape and Dumbledore in HP6 (SPOILERS!!!!)

  • Pauline J. Alama
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2005
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Ernest Davis <davise@c...> wrote:

      > >> My theory is that Dumbledore's death is faked. (Snape has some
      way of
      > suppressing the actual Avada Kedavra curse.)

      Another interesting possibility. Could Snape be saying Avada Kedrava
      while countering it with a different unvoiced spell?

      And yet, I don't believe this. The theme of accepting death has been
      too consistent for me to believe that Dumbledore hasn't also
      followed that path. He had been saying that he was getting old, and
      in the first book he more or less said that Nicolas Flamel's death
      wasn't a tragedy because it was his time.)

      The phoenix doesn't fake death. It dies, and is renewed from death
      to rebirth. The first time Harry sees the phoenix, Dumbledore says
      it's high time the phoenix burned & got on with it. Maybe -- just
      MAYBE -- Dumbledore will be back, but if he does return, I bet it
      will be a return from death (like Gandalf -- or Christ), not a ruse
      revealed.

      Pauline J. Alama
      http://geocities.com/paulinejalama/paulinealama.html
      THE EYE OF NIGHT