RE: Arabian Nights

  • Staci Dumoski
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2000
      >But I =would= like to hear some comments from somebody >regarding the recent
      >network production of THE ARABIAN NIGHTS. Still no takers?

      >Mary S

      Okay, I'll bite. Visually spectacular but otherwise unremarkable. I did not find the characters or stories compelling at all. They captured the look of the Arabian Nights, but failed on the feeling.

      At least it was not offensive, as some of the other series from this team have been (how long will it take us to forget The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns?).

      I caught the second half of Jason and the Argonauts last night, which was a bit more interesting, despite the fact that they shortchanged Medea a bit.

      At the very least, it is nice to see fantasy appearing more and more regularly on screen. Sooner or later, someone will get all the pieces right.

      Staci Dumoski
      Editor, Phantastes
      http://www.phantastes.com/