Fwd: invitation -Quijeremá - Anyone in the SF Bay Area?

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10 9:31 AM
      Anyone in the Bay Area this friday? These guys are terrific. Lezlie

      ----- Forwarded message from Quique Cruz <quiquecruz2000@...> -----

      You all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      My musical group Quijeremá will perform a live concert of original music at
      Anna’s Jazz Island Friday August 12th at 8:00 PM and 10:30 PM

      The Address is 2120 Allston Way, half block east of Shattuck Ave.

      We need to get people there because is a new place and few people know
      about
      it--it's a great club!!

      I like to ask you if you can send this message to

      your email list. I would really appreciate it,

      Hope all is well, hope to see you, and Mil Gracias!!!

      QUIQUE CRUZ

      Quijeremá will perform a live concert of original music at Anna’s Jazz
      Island Friday August 12th at 8:00 PM and 10:30 PM

      Anna’s Jazz Island is a new club in Berkeley, CA that creates a space where
      six nights a week for $5 to $7 at the door, people of any age can meet
      over drinks and simple food and listen to members of the Bay Area's large
      jazz community do their thing.

      The gleaming new club, which holds up to 88 people, is centrally located
      downtown less than a block from UC Berkeley and justa round the corner from
      BART.

      #####
      Quijeremá is a performing arts quartet that celebrates and expands the
      cultures of the Americas through new music, poetry and multi-media art
      installations.

      As writer describes the group, “Quijeremá …manages to… render a whole
      constellation of South American rhythms into a jazz idiom… how the cueca
      from
      Chile, tango from Argentina, waltz at its most Latin, landó from Peru,
      joropo from Venezuela, huaino from the Andes fuse into a musical continuum
      whose
      identity, no matter how jazzy, always remains rooted in the deep South, not
      of the U.S. but of the Americas.”

      Members of the ensemble play over thirty instruments, and have performed
      worldwide and appeared on regional, national and international radio and
      television.

      Founded in 2002, Quijeremá is Quique Cruz (Chile:Strings, Winds &
      Percussion), Jeremy Allen (USA: Bass & Percussion), Maria Fernanda Acuña
      (Venezuela: Percussion & Venezuelan Cuatro), and David Barrows (USA:
      Saxophones, Winds & Percussion).

      For booking information and interviews:

      Web: www.quijerema.com

      Voice mail and fax: (510) 496-6017