Re: [mythsoc] Re: Film, worst of the year

  • LSolarion@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , May 9, 2000
      In a message dated 05/08/2000 8:57:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      Stolzi@... writes:

      << But I =would= like to hear some comments from somebody regarding the
      recent
      network production of THE ARABIAN NIGHTS. Still no takers? >>

      I loved it; the way they tied the stories into the real-time situation, the
      wonderful effects, the imaginative camera transitions, the use (and not
      overuse) of humor and a touch of silliness (but not so much as to nauseate
      one, as did the "Merlin" miniseries, with that annoying little elf creature),
      all added up to a very enjoyable experience; though the genie of the ring was
      a bit too cringing and cowardly to suit me; too much the comical sidekick. I
      especially liked the way they brought actual discoveries, like the chinese
      clay guards found in that emperor's tomb, into the production. Huzzah, I say.
      Steve