Re: [mythsoc] O.W.L.'s in Harry Potter (spoiler at end)

    Message 1 of 71 , Aug 2, 2005
      At 12:17 AM 8/3/2005 -0400, Grace Monk wrote:

      >All you've written merely
      >convinces me that I am correct in my assessment of what Sam did. ... He makes
      >the right decision to further the quest. It's as simple as that.

      Well, you can try to deny that Sam himself twice changes his mind over the
      decision, but you won't get very far doing so.

      DB
    • Larry Swain
      Message 71 of 71 , Aug 14, 2005
        ONe tidbit I didn't see mentioned in the various takes on the theory: at the end Harry rather considers "getting Snape" as a possible by-product, but isn't overly concerned with Snape or Malfoy. One could counter that he is focused on Voldemort, but I'm not sure I buy that as just putting Snape out of mind.