Re: [mythsoc] Re: O.W.L.'s in Harry Potter (spoiler at end)

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 71 , Aug 2, 2005
      From: "ftl_publications" <Joan.Marie.Verba@...>

      > In any event, I'm not particularly worried. In the Potter universe, a
      > lot of residents of Hogwarts stay active after death (talk to Nearly
      > Headless Nick, for instance, or the people in the portraits).

      Yes, it's much like being a member of the LASFS (Los Angeles Science Fiction
      Society [or something like that] -- motto: "Even death will not release
      you") or a character in the Marvel Comics universe. (So, how many times has
      Jean Grey died now? About as many times as Giles was knocked unconscious in
      Buffy?)

      Berni
    • Larry Swain
      Message 71 of 71 , Aug 14, 2005
        ONe tidbit I didn't see mentioned in the various takes on the theory: at the end Harry rather considers "getting Snape" as a possible by-product, but isn't overly concerned with Snape or Malfoy. One could counter that he is focused on Voldemort, but I'm not sure I buy that as just putting Snape out of mind.