Re: [mythsoc] Re: O.W.L.'s in Harry Potter

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 71 , Aug 2 8:36 PM
      From: <WendellWag@...>

      > I know
      > perfectly well that I'm not even going to write a good fantasy novel, let
      > alone a great one.

      Me, too! I have no desire to be a writer. I'd just like to read a good
      fantasy novel now and then.

      I have to say again that I enjoyed HP6, and part of my enjoyment was the
      hormonal rush and snogging. I was happy that Rowling finally made it clear
      that Ginny is the proper girl for Harry (with her great family, he has to
      have a way into it and she's going to be very powerful when she grows up --
      that's very clear). I was also glad to see Hermione and Ron finally
      noticing each other a little more. But Lavender Brown? Yech, Ron, how
      could you?

      Berni (Oh, no, no -- you guys all go off to Britain and enjoy yourselves.
      I'll just stay here and pet the cats.)
    • Larry Swain
      Message 71 of 71 , Aug 14 9:26 PM
        ONe tidbit I didn't see mentioned in the various takes on the theory: at the end Harry rather considers "getting Snape" as a possible by-product, but isn't overly concerned with Snape or Malfoy. One could counter that he is focused on Voldemort, but I'm not sure I buy that as just putting Snape out of mind.