Re: O.W.L.'s in Harry Potter (spoiler at end)

  • ftl_publications
    Message 1 of 71 , Aug 2, 2005
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Russell" <russells@s...> wrote:

      > To me the whole ending has a strong whiff of Reichenbach Falls or the
      > Bridge of Khazad Doom. What if Snape was following the Headmaster's
      > previous orders just as Harry did at the birdbath?

      For the record, I have not read HP6 yet (I'm still at about page 550 in
      Order of the Phoenix, which I've been reading all summer). However, I
      have been reading the HP6 spoilers: what astonished me was not who
      died, but who did the deed.

      In any event, I'm not particularly worried. In the Potter universe, a
      lot of residents of Hogwarts stay active after death (talk to Nearly
      Headless Nick, for instance, or the people in the portraits).

      Joan
    • Larry Swain
      Message 71 of 71 , Aug 14, 2005
        ONe tidbit I didn't see mentioned in the various takes on the theory: at the end Harry rather considers "getting Snape" as a possible by-product, but isn't overly concerned with Snape or Malfoy. One could counter that he is focused on Voldemort, but I'm not sure I buy that as just putting Snape out of mind.