RE: [mythsoc] O.W.L.'s in Harry Potter (spoiler at end)

  • Beth Russell
    Message 1 of 71 , Aug 2, 2005
      I haven't been following all this thread because of just returning from
      vacation with paper for T2005 to complete, so this comment may be
      off-track.

      To me the whole ending has a strong whiff of Reichenbach Falls or the
      Bridge of Khazad Doom. What if Snape was following the Headmaster's
      previous orders just as Harry did at the birdbath?

      I live in hope.

      Beth
    • Larry Swain
      Message 71 of 71 , Aug 14, 2005
        ONe tidbit I didn't see mentioned in the various takes on the theory: at the end Harry rather considers "getting Snape" as a possible by-product, but isn't overly concerned with Snape or Malfoy. One could counter that he is focused on Voldemort, but I'm not sure I buy that as just putting Snape out of mind.