Re: [mythsoc] Re: O.W.L.'s in Harry Potter

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 71 , Aug 1, 2005
      From: "Matthew Winslow" <bluewoad@...>

      > What I find unfortunate about HP6 is that it feels to me a lot like
      > filler. HP5 ended with a bang and HP7 will (hopefully) be as exciting,
      > so what do we do in between? A lot of filler. For me, HP6 was 100
      > pages of wrapping up what happened in HP5, 450 pages of hormones and
      > snogging, then 100 pages setting up HP7.

      They're 16 (going on 17 -- hey, that should be a song!) years old. Life at
      that age is pretty much mostly hormones and snogging.

      I'm with Grace. I liked this one a lot better than the last. I thought
      there was plenty of plot development. My least favorite part was probably
      the Birdbath of Doom (as my David said someone referred to it as that
      somewhere).

      Berni
    • Larry Swain
      Message 71 of 71 , Aug 14, 2005
        ONe tidbit I didn't see mentioned in the various takes on the theory: at the end Harry rather considers "getting Snape" as a possible by-product, but isn't overly concerned with Snape or Malfoy. One could counter that he is focused on Voldemort, but I'm not sure I buy that as just putting Snape out of mind.