Re: [mythsoc] Frodo Baggins, ABD

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2005
      To be fair, the author says she's talking about the movie, but also tends
      to dump the book and movie together as if they were much the same.

      Another response of some professors less gentle than Mike is to plop a copy
      of the book in front of the student and say, "Show me in here where it says
      that."

      DB

      At 12:59 PM 7/31/2005 -0500, Mike Foster wrote:
      >My usual response to a student error of that nature was,
      >"That happened in the film you obviously saw, not in the book you were
      >supposed to read."
      >
      >Mike
      >
      >Beth Russell wrote:
      >
      >>A well done piece! But note that the writer seems to know only the PJ
      >>"version": He says that Frodo and Sam separate because of the
      >>deceptions of Gollum.
      >>
      >>Oh dear, oh dear,
      >>
      >>Beth

    • Lezlie