Narnia Cartoons

  • Hugh Davis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2005
      I'm reading about the 1979 animated film of _The Lion, the Witch and the
      Wardrobe_ by CTW & the Episcopal Radio-TV foundation. I've found where the
      project was underwritten by the J. Walter Thompson ad agency & Kraft Inc.,
      who were offering $3 million to finance the entire series, with Kraft as the
      only sponsor. (Details are from a 1977 article in the NY Times.) Does anyone
      know what happened to the idea of the entire series being adapted? The
      two-part broadcast of the film won its time slot both nights, with an even
      greater number watching part two, and the special won an Emmy. What halted
      the plans?

      Thanks, Hugh