A Query on a Police Officer in Charles Williams

  • +Seraphim Joseph Sigrist
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2005
      Hello...I am wrting a paper for a conference
      in Moscow in October and am trying to remember
      where in the novels of Charles Williams is
      the place where a policeman remmebers that the
      sermon the previous Sunday had been on the
      words(in the Gospel of Mark) "What I say to
      you, I say to all--watch!"
      I thought of War in Heaven chapter XVI but it
      does not seem to be there unless I am missing
      it...
      Can someone give book and chapter and page?
      Thank you so much,
      +Seraphim Joseph Sigrist.

      *this is my first post on this gorup and I ought
      say hello, you can find ,if anyone is interested
      some personal information at
      http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=seraphimsigrist
    • Stolzi
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2005
        From: "+Seraphim Joseph Sigrist" <ssigrist@...>

        > Hello...I am wrting a paper for a conference
        > in Moscow in October and am trying to remember
        > where in the novels of Charles Williams is
        > the place where a policeman remmebers that the
        > sermon the previous Sunday had been on the
        > words(in the Gospel of Mark) "What I say to
        > you, I say to all--watch!"

        My dear Bishop (which seems to be a Williams-y way to start out)

        The passage you seek is in War in Heaven, the last paragraph of chapter I.

        I hope this does not come too late. Please come back and let us know how
        your conference went; I should think Charles Williams might be very much to
        Russian tastes.

        Diamond Proudbrook