Re: [mythsoc] infallible and Catholic school teachings

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13 4:35 PM
      As a cradle Catholic son of a convert mother who has practiced (then why
      am I not better at it?) ever since (with the eception of the predictable
      lapse while studying with Jesuits at Marquette), I find this exchange
      interesting and provocative.

      A Dorothy L. Day quote leaps to mind, but I'll reholster that.

      Rather, this reminds me, and always has, of the entrance to Lorien,
      when Haldir would blindfold Gimli. Harsh and hot words fly; finally
      Aragorn conciliates a compromise that is truly compromise, since it is
      equally disliked by all involved: all 8 of the Fellowship will be
      blindfolded:

      'Alas for the folly of these days!' said Legolas. 'Here we are all
      enemies of the one Enemy, and yet I must walk blind, while the sun is
      merry in the woodland under leaves of gold!'

      Pax vobiscum,
      Mike