RE: [mythsoc] Re: Query about Edmund

  • Hugh Davis
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 10, 2005
      Thank you for your response. I agree with your interpretation of Aslan. I
      think there's a measure of fear and uncertainty together there, precisely
      becauae he does feel alone.

      While I agree Edmund is an Adam figure in many ways, he is less-and-less
      self-centered as the novel progresses, and I am not sure he couldn't grasp
      sacrifice if told about it. When reminded how fearful he is when the witch
      is calling for his blood, he should understand the importance of what Aslan
      has done. I can see it would be difficult, but I don't know that telling him
      lacks a purpose.

      Hugh