Re: [mythsoc] Third Mankato Tolkien Conference

  • Daniel Karpouzian
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
      Just so you all know - we are going to be publishing the proceedings of this conference as well... I promise I will post a cfp when we have solidified a few more things :)

      David Lenander <d-lena@...> wrote:>
      Oops--right after I hit "send" I realized that I'd made a mistake in my
      last posting. The Keynote Speaker (I don't think they had a "guest of
      honor") at the 1996 conference was Steve Deyo--whose address was
      "Which Came First--The Mythopoeic Chicken or the Glossopoeic Egg? The
      Role of Invented Languages in the Works of J.R. R. Tolkien."

      I think the only web-page still up is one I put up at
      http://www.tc.umn.edu/~d-lena/TolkConf.html

      The chief organizer was Tim Schindler, who later organized a Tolkien
      conference at the St. Paul, MN University of St. Thomas, in 2001.

      The '96 conference also inspired Bree Moot 3, in '97.

      .

      David Lenander
      d-lena@...
      2095 Hamline Ave. N.