another viewpoint on fan-fic

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2005
      Hi all -- another viewpoint on fan-fic-- Lezlie

      In this month's IROSF Steven Utley shares a similarly defining
      moment in the genesis of his cult-film fandom. We look at H.G.
      Wells and the latest interpretation on-screen of his tale War
      of the Worlds. We receive a dispatch from BayCon revealing the
      secrets of the Purple Fez - who are *not* aliens, or so they say.
      Plus our usual looks at fiction of various lengths, including an
      exploration of the appeal of fanfic or Fan Fiction, revealing the
      phenomenon's foundation of genre-love. Enjoy!

      http://www.irosf.com/

      Essay

      * The Appeal of Fanfiction
      by: Heidi Kneale
      * I Was a Pre-Teen Frankenstein
      by: Steven Utley
      * H.G. Wells: Creature of the Twilight
      by: Dave Creek

    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2005
        Lois McMaster Bujold seems to favor fanfic, at least in the recent *Locus*
        review I have read. It's in this month's issue; don't know if they have
        the interview online. ---djb

        Hi all -- another viewpoint on fan-fic-- Lezlie

        In this month's IROSF Steven Utley shares a similarly defining
        moment in the genesis of his cult-film fandom. We look at H.G.
        Wells and the latest interpretation on-screen of his tale War
        of the Worlds. We receive a dispatch from BayCon revealing the
        secrets of the Purple Fez - who are *not* aliens, or so they say.
        Plus our usual looks at fiction of various lengths, including an
        exploration of the appeal of fanfic or Fan Fiction, revealing the
        phenomenon's foundation of genre-love. Enjoy!

        http://www.irosf.com/

        Essay

        * The Appeal of Fanfiction
        by: Heidi Kneale