RE: [mythsoc] Summer Reading

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2005
      Not so much connected with summer, but I do remember *Foundation* and the
      two sequels. I bought from a dusty drug-store wire-rack; read them in a
      dark corner till I wangled the money to finally buy them. I read all year
      round, not only in summer, so it's hard to come up with specific summer
      lists. I hope they're reading the Arthurian tales before they read *I Am
      Mordred.* Sounds like a good list: loved *Something Wicked* (better than
      the Disney film, o'course), and *Flowers for Algernon.* I may have read
      that in summer.

      Sometimes, I wish I'd had the habit of keeping a list of books I'd read as
      a child, and through adulthood. I started doing that a couple of years
      back, but it's really hard to keep up! I'm sure I've skipped some, and I
      know I've skipped some re-reads. Then there are the books you start but
      put down . . . ---djb