Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1942

  • Catherine Boyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 7:19 PM
      Janet Croft wrote:

      Message: 11
      Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:07:08 -0500
      From: "Croft, Janet B." <jbcroft@...>
      Subject: RE: Digest Number 1941

      MKK: I don't suppose they'd appreciate a paper on Elric as the Sulky
      Teen-Age Angst Incarnation of the Immortal Hero, huh?

      Why not? It's a valid subgenre of the Immortal Hero. Must be some
      others out there who either influenced or were influenced by him, or
      present a good example for comparison. Heck, look how sulky Harry
      Potter got in the last book -- no big black sword, but plenty of angst!

      Janet

      I'd say Anakin Skywalker is certainly up there on the Sulky Teen-Age Angst scale -- and he doesn't even have the excuse of being a teen-ager in the last 2 movies. Granted, a movie, not a book, but it certainly leaps to mind.

      Cathy Boyle
      (back to lurking, now)