Re: [mythsoc] Narnia Poster

  • Hugh Davis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 3:39 PM
      Father Christmas is listed for the movie, to be played by James Cosmo, a
      big, burly actor who often plays heavies. Most recently, I think he was in
      Troy as Glaucus (advisor to Priam). This will mean, at least, that Father
      Christmas fulfills that description about how he didn't seem quite as jolly
      in that world.

      Hugh

      >From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>
      >To: "Mythopoeic Society" <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Narnia Poster
      >Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:34:40 -0500
      >
      > > I just took a look at the Narnia movie poster. What's with the polar
      > > bears? Couldn't they find reindeer?
      >
      >I think it's the whole Hollywood complex: Something Bigger, Something
      >Showier - even, Something Colder.
      >
      >I noted, for instance, that what is apparently Cair Paravel in the movie is
      >a huge complex about 90 times bigger than the modest Pauline Baynes drawing
      >would be (if real).
      >
      >If I were a producer who wanted to rationalize it, I'd say "Oh, using
      >reindeer would lead to confusion with Father Christmas!" (Hey, has anyone
      >heard whether HE is going to be in the show?)
      >
      >Diamond Proudbrook

    • Kevin Bowring
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 6:40 PM
        I don't know if Coca Cola is still doing their old polar bear thing, but it wouldn't be surprising to find a product tie-in somewhere in this.