Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1941

  • Walkermonk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
      In a message dated 7/1/2005 10:24:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
      dianejoy@... writes:
      LOL! I would love to read it-- generally what I thought of him, and never
      read another! (also the gratuitious violence-- not my cuppa...) Lezlie

      LOL 2x for me! How can I top MKK's comments, when they say everything I've
      felt about Moorcock so well (tho Leslie rightly points out the violence).
      So adolescent! Some kids never grow up. ---djb
      ---

      I really do recommend Neil Gaiman's story very highly -- it manages to show
      that adolescent angst for what it is, while remembering how serious it felt at
      the time and how life changes. (It also tells more of his frustration with CSL
      as a young teen.) The title of the story is "A Life Furnished in Early
      Moorcock." It's in his "Smoke and Mirrors" collection.

      Grace