Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1941

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
      Thank you ! Thank you!!!

      Quoting "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...>:

      > On Jul 1, 2005, at 11:14 AM, lezlie1@... wrote:
      >

      > > The thing is, I still like the Swann/Tolkien collaboration better &
      >
      > > have been trying to find a copy of my very own for years and years.
      >

      > The latest British edition of _The Road Goes Ever On_ contains a CD
      >
      > of a performance of the song cycle:
      >

      > http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007136552/

      > Fantasy science fiction
      >

      > Fantasy science fiction magazine
      >

      > Book writing software
      >

      > Writing book
      >

      > Writing child book
      >

      > Writing science fiction

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > Visit your group "mythsoc" on the web.

      "...it concerns three men who are about to be executed. The prison governor
      calls them to his office, and explains that each will be granted a last
      request. The first one confesses that he has led a sinful life, and would
      like to see a priest. The governor says he thinks he can arrange that. And
      the second man? The second man explains that he is a professor of
      cybernetics. His last request is to deliver a final and definitive answer to
      the question: what is cybernetics? The governor accedes to this request
      also. And the third man? Well, he is a doctoral student of the professor --
      his request is to be executed second."Joke Related by Stafford Beer
      October 2001
    • Walkermonk@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
        In a message dated 7/1/2005 10:24:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
        dianejoy@... writes:
        LOL! I would love to read it-- generally what I thought of him, and never
        read another! (also the gratuitious violence-- not my cuppa...) Lezlie

        LOL 2x for me! How can I top MKK's comments, when they say everything I've
        felt about Moorcock so well (tho Leslie rightly points out the violence).
        So adolescent! Some kids never grow up. ---djb
        ---

        I really do recommend Neil Gaiman's story very highly -- it manages to show
        that adolescent angst for what it is, while remembering how serious it felt at
        the time and how life changes. (It also tells more of his frustration with CSL
        as a young teen.) The title of the story is "A Life Furnished in Early
        Moorcock." It's in his "Smoke and Mirrors" collection.

        Grace