Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1941

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
      On Jul 1, 2005, at 11:14 AM, lezlie1@... wrote:

      > The thing is, I still like the Swann/Tolkien collaboration better &
      > have been trying to find a copy of my very own for years and years.

      The latest British edition of _The Road Goes Ever On_ contains a CD
      of a performance of the song cycle:

      http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007136552/
    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
          Thank you ! Thank you!!!

        • Walkermonk@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
            In a message dated 7/1/2005 10:24:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
            dianejoy@... writes:
            LOL! I would love to read it-- generally what I thought of him, and never
            read another! (also the gratuitious violence-- not my cuppa...) Lezlie

            LOL 2x for me! How can I top MKK's comments, when they say everything I've
            felt about Moorcock so well (tho Leslie rightly points out the violence).
            So adolescent! Some kids never grow up. ---djb
            ---

            I really do recommend Neil Gaiman's story very highly -- it manages to show
            that adolescent angst for what it is, while remembering how serious it felt at
            the time and how life changes. (It also tells more of his frustration with CSL
            as a young teen.) The title of the story is "A Life Furnished in Early
            Moorcock." It's in his "Smoke and Mirrors" collection.

            Grace