Mr. Tumnus' Wild Ride

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2005
      Over on Spare Oom, there's been some discussion of a Disney Narnia ride to
      join the other rides at Walt's theme parks. I actually think this offers
      some possibilities.

      I'd have it like this - DEFINITELY, of course, the entrance is through
      wide-flung Wardrobe doors, first into darkness, then out into dazzling
      snowy
      forest (with a lamp post). A magical transformation (which Disney can pull
      off, when they try) as the forest thaws into springtime meadows. A glimpse
      of Aslan - on a cliff, I think, away from too close inspection - with a
      wonderful ROAR. Any other action or speech from Aslan raises theological
      questions I'd not want to deal with in a theme park context!

      Somewhere along the line, another change, to a beautiful seascape as we take
      "the Voyage of the Dawn Treader" - gliding to a stop in the Sea of Lilies.

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • Mari Dole
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2005
        I like your ride and would definitely take it.

        Mari

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2005
          What a wonderful idea! It produced some lovely mental images; I think
          Disney could include a few other things from the VDT and other books: like
          Dufflepuds and a glimpse of a dragon (Eustace?), perhaps, and you must also
          have a scene with Puddleglum, though how that would be done, I don't know.
          Thanks for the "ride." ---djb

          http://mail2web.com/ .