New Oz books

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2005
      I read (and enjoyed) _Paradox in Oz_, so I will look out for this. But
      we should also note another long-time member's new Oz book: _The
      Emerald Wand of Oz_, by Sherwood Smith, which I think is supposed to be
      out this month, though I've not yet seen it anywhere.

      On Jun 15, 2005, at 6:29 AM, mythsoc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. The Living House of Oz
      > From: "utc_61" <utc_61@...>

      > _
      > _
      >
      > Message: 1
      > Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 03:29:13 -0000
      > From: "utc_61" <utc_61@...>
      > Subject: The Living House of Oz
      >
      > Hello,
      >

      > I've been a long time member of the Mythopoetic Society, and I just
      > wanted to announce my new book, which I'm very excited about, and
      > which finally available today! It's called "The Living House of Oz",
      > it's the sequel to "Paradox in Oz", both of which, of course, are
      > sequel's to Baum's Oz series. You can look up information about the
      > books at the publisher's website:
      > www.hungrytigerpress.com/books/livinghouse.shtml
      >
      > Here's the blurb:
      >
      > Illegal Magic in Oz!
      >

      > Edward Einhorn returns to the Land of Oz in this much-anticipated
      > sequel to his critically acclaimed Oz novel Paradox in Oz.
      >

      > What do you do when your mother is arrested for practicing
      > witchcraft?
      > For thirteen-year-old Buddy the answer is easy-he's off to rescue
      > her from imprisonment in the Emerald City of Oz!
      >

      > Obstacles loom on every side. The giant Bumblebeast brandishes a
      > terrible sting. The Adepts at Magic refuse to help Buddy with their
      > powers. And who are the shadowy creatures with animal heads pursuing
      > Buddy for mysterious reasons?
      >

      > With help from friends such as the living hat stand that calls
      > itself
      > the Earl of Haberdashery, Buddy at last reaches his mother only to
      > find
      > he must challenge the Wizard of Oz and Glinda the Good, the most
      > powerful magic-workers in Oz. As if that isn't enough, the
      > incredible
      > secret of Buddy's past suddenly bursts forth for all to see.
      > Questions and threats bombard him from every side as Buddy finally
      > faces the most important choice of his life.
      >

      > Overflowing with magic, adventure, and everyone's favorite Oz
      > characters-the Scarecrow, Dorothy, Tempus the Parrot-Ox, and many
      > more. The Living House of Oz is a thrilling and hilarious romp from
      > start to finish.
      >

      > http://www.hungrytigerpress.co­m/books/livinghouse.shtml

      > _

      > -

      David Lenander
      d-lena@...
      2095 Hamline Ave. N.
      Roseville, MN 55113
      651-292-8887
    • jack@greenmanreview.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2005
        > I read (and enjoyed) _Paradox in Oz_, so I will look out for this. But
        > we should also note another long-time member's new Oz book: _The
        > Emerald Wand of Oz_, by Sherwood Smith, which I think is supposed to be
        > out this month, though I've not yet seen it anywhere.

        It's out. The review copy arrrived at Green Man last week.