RE: [mythsoc] Need help remembering a title SF

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2005
      Yes, that's them !! Thanks David & Wendell.

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      amor vincit omnia
      lizziewriter (at) optonline.net & yahoo.com
      (closing earthlink account soon)
      <http://www.lizziewriter.com/> www.lizziewriter.com (See my ad in
      Contemporary Doll Collector magazine)
      www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2005
        .... as for the flip-flop issue, it is entirely likely that I am merging
        memories of other titles which did do that with this one which I guess did
        not. Didn't Lion of Comarre and Against the Fall of Night do that?

        BTW the stories are not as weird as the blurb... they ARE weird, but they do
        read well and engagingly.

        thanks again,

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 12, 2005
          In a message dated 6/12/2005 12:57:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          dbratman@... writes:

          According to the information at <http://isfdb.tamu.edu/acedoubles.html>, it
          appears that Delany's "Ballad of Beta-2" and "Empire Star" were not
          published together until 1973. (Knowing Ace practice, this could easily
          have been without giving any date subsequent to the original publication
          date of 1965.)

          That may well be. I just noticed that _Empire Star_ and _The Ballad of
          Beta-2_ have separate copyright pages in my copy of the book, the first saying
          it's from 1966 and the second from 1965. This does look more like a 1970's
          printing than a 1960's printing.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 12, 2005
            In a message dated 6/12/2005 10:28:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            lizziewriter@... writes:

            .... as for the flip-flop issue, it is entirely likely that I am merging
            memories of other titles which did do that with this one which I guess did
            not. Didn't Lion of Comarre and Against the Fall of Night do that?

            It may be that there was a flip-flop edition in the 1960's. My copy is from
            the 1970's. The copy you read may be from the 1960's.