Re: empire, etc. and "Tolkien Studies"

  • saraciborski
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
      --- Thank you!

      In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, David Bratman <dbratman@e...> wrote:
      > Tolkien Studies is an annual journal/review whose second issue has
      just
      > appeared. If you click on <http://tolkienstudies.org>, that should
      take
      > you through to the page for the new issue on the website of the
      publisher
      > (West Virginia University Press). As a hardcover annual scholarly
      journal,
      > it is alas rather expensive, but those of us who have something to
      do with
      > it hope that readers will find the material interesting.
      >

      > At 12:15 AM 6/1/2005 +0000, Sara Ciborski wrote:
      > >What is and where does one find "Tolkien Studies"? I recall seeing
      > >something about this (a new journal?) among the posts I scanned
      before
      > >I recently joined. If someone has a quick answer--I'd be grateful.
    • saraciborski
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- I'm not, currently, but my daughter is a librarian at a
        university--I'll see if she can do something for me. Thanks.

        In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Croft, Janet B." <jbcroft@o...> wrote:
        > Sara, if you're connected to a university or college library that
        gets
        > the database Project Muse, you can get Tolkien Studies online.
        >

        > Janet Brennan Croft

        ~-->
        > What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
        > Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/DtIolB/TM
        ~->

        > The Mythopoeic Society website http://www.mythsoc.org Yahoo! Groups
        > Links
      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
          I recall reading a C.S. Lewis remark/quote to the effect that one
          benefit of a career as a teacher is that it gave him so many friends who
          were younger than he was.

          Please, can anyone place this quote with a cite? I thought it was in
          Jack but if it, so far it's been elusive.

          Thanks for any help,
          Mike