RE: [mythsoc] Re: empire, etc. and "Tolkien Studies"

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
      Sara, if you're connected to a university or college library that gets
      the database Project Muse, you can get Tolkien Studies online.

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- Thank you!

        In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, David Bratman <dbratman@e...> wrote:
        > Tolkien Studies is an annual journal/review whose second issue has
        just
        > appeared. If you click on <http://tolkienstudies.org>, that should
        take
        > you through to the page for the new issue on the website of the
        publisher
        > (West Virginia University Press). As a hardcover annual scholarly
        journal,
        > it is alas rather expensive, but those of us who have something to
        do with
        > it hope that readers will find the material interesting.
        >

        > At 12:15 AM 6/1/2005 +0000, Sara Ciborski wrote:
        > >What is and where does one find "Tolkien Studies"? I recall seeing
        > >something about this (a new journal?) among the posts I scanned
        before
        > >I recently joined. If someone has a quick answer--I'd be grateful.
      • saraciborski
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
          --- I'm not, currently, but my daughter is a librarian at a
          university--I'll see if she can do something for me. Thanks.

          In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Croft, Janet B." <jbcroft@o...> wrote:
          > Sara, if you're connected to a university or college library that
          gets
          > the database Project Muse, you can get Tolkien Studies online.
          >

          > Janet Brennan Croft

          ~-->
          > What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
          > Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/DtIolB/TM
          ~->

          > The Mythopoeic Society website http://www.mythsoc.org Yahoo! Groups
          > Links
        • Mike Foster
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
            I recall reading a C.S. Lewis remark/quote to the effect that one
            benefit of a career as a teacher is that it gave him so many friends who
            were younger than he was.

            Please, can anyone place this quote with a cite? I thought it was in
            Jack but if it, so far it's been elusive.

            Thanks for any help,
            Mike