Re: [mythsoc] Re: empire, etc. and "Tolkien Studies"

    Message 1 of 14 , May 31 6:00 PM
      Tolkien Studies is an annual journal/review whose second issue has just
      appeared. If you click on <http://tolkienstudies.org>, that should take
      you through to the page for the new issue on the website of the publisher
      (West Virginia University Press). As a hardcover annual scholarly journal,
      it is alas rather expensive, but those of us who have something to do with
      it hope that readers will find the material interesting.

      At 12:15 AM 6/1/2005 +0000, Sara Ciborski wrote:
      >What is and where does one find "Tolkien Studies"? I recall seeing
      >something about this (a new journal?) among the posts I scanned before
      >I recently joined. If someone has a quick answer--I'd be grateful.
    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
        Sara, if you're connected to a university or college library that gets
        the database Project Muse, you can get Tolkien Studies online.

        Janet Brennan Croft

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
          --- Thank you!

          In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, David Bratman <dbratman@e...> wrote:
          > Tolkien Studies is an annual journal/review whose second issue has
          just
          > appeared. If you click on <http://tolkienstudies.org>, that should
          take
          > you through to the page for the new issue on the website of the
          publisher
          > (West Virginia University Press). As a hardcover annual scholarly
          journal,
          > it is alas rather expensive, but those of us who have something to
          do with
          > it hope that readers will find the material interesting.
          >

          > At 12:15 AM 6/1/2005 +0000, Sara Ciborski wrote:
          > >What is and where does one find "Tolkien Studies"? I recall seeing
          > >something about this (a new journal?) among the posts I scanned
          before
          > >I recently joined. If someone has a quick answer--I'd be grateful.
        • saraciborski
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
            --- I'm not, currently, but my daughter is a librarian at a
            university--I'll see if she can do something for me. Thanks.

            In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Croft, Janet B." <jbcroft@o...> wrote:
            > Sara, if you're connected to a university or college library that
            gets
            > the database Project Muse, you can get Tolkien Studies online.
            >

            > Janet Brennan Croft

            ~-->
            > What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
            > Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/DtIolB/TM
            ~->

            > The Mythopoeic Society website http://www.mythsoc.org Yahoo! Groups
            > Links
          • Mike Foster
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
              I recall reading a C.S. Lewis remark/quote to the effect that one
              benefit of a career as a teacher is that it gave him so many friends who
              were younger than he was.

              Please, can anyone place this quote with a cite? I thought it was in
              Jack but if it, so far it's been elusive.

              Thanks for any help,
              Mike