What next?

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2005
      http://www.101-280.com/archives/000528.html

      Quote:
      The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (Gameboy
      Advance)

      "I'm not buying a Gameboy until they bring out Mere Christianity." I wish I
      could've somehow worked that into a conversation, but I couldn't. This is a
      point-and-click style adventure game tied to the upcoming movie but since
      there's no mouse on the Gameboy this means "walk slowly across the screen
      and click".

      I played a little girl in a dress (Lucy, presumably) wandering in a
      mysterious snowy landscape, with an "A" button for jump and a "B" button for
      kick. I was approached by a faun, one Mr. Tumnus, who rapidly broke down and
      blurted out his story about a White Witch whose spell had been cast upon the
      once green and pleasant land. I tried to kick him repeatedly in the groin: B
      B B B B B. The game tediously refused to acknowledge this attempt. He asked
      me to shove some boulders out of a path, even though I was a tiny weak girl
      and he was at least eight pixels taller than me; after another frustrating
      round of B B B B I gave in and cleared the path, which allowed us to walk
      into his home, where I went around unsuccessfully trying to break stuff (B B
      B B B).

      I think this game would be sort of like a heavily-abridged book on tape
      where the author made you solve an arithmetic problem before hearing each
      passage. On the other hand, it was fun to imagine going back in time to tell
      my young self reading the book that one day it would be reconstituted on a
      lightweight, portable electronic device with an animated color screen where
      I could knee Mr. Tumnus in the 'nads.

      [Yes, this is real; Gameboy site at
      http://gameboy.ign.com/objects/684/684001.html%5d

      Diamond Proudbrook