What's good chat? WAS Re: Tom Bombadil, the doll

  • Walkermonk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2005
      In a message dated 5/21/2005 8:25:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
      lizziewriter@... writes:
      Great to see some good chat again !!

      Lizzie
      ---

      Solid proof that it's vital to remember that it's a matter of personal taste
      when judging what's going on on the List. I don't care for dolls or much for
      Tom Bombadil (no offense intended). I always skip that part in my rereadings of
      the Trilogy. So this isn't good chat for me personally, although I'm glad
      others are enjoying it. Neil Gaiman talk rocked my world, but won't do so for
      Lizzie and others. I also enjoy the hammer and tongs of the past few months on
      other subjects and obviously that won't do so for many others. It's much a
      matter of personal taste, personality type, and what one has read and loved.

      Just a request that we all be careful of judging the validity and tone of
      discussions based solely on our personal likes and dislikes.

      Grace Monk