from a bookstore announcement list

    Message 1 of 6 , May 9 2:14 PM
      This sounds good:

      >REVIEW OF PATRICIA MCKILLIP's upcoming OD MAGIC
      >(due in June from Ace, Hardcover, $22.95):
      >
      >This capsule review comes from Rose, an Attentive
      >Reader, sometime professional reviewer, and
      >long-time fan of science fiction, fantasy, and
      >Borderlands . . . (Thanks, Rose!)
      >
      >"A gorgeous cover promises high fantasy, but
      >what's inside is as much political as mystical.
      >The battles here are not (precisely) between good
      >and evil but rather between laws and lawlessness.
      >Hone your context-ignorer on some C.S. Lewis and
      >then dive in to wallow in the fabulously lyrical
      >prose and meticulous characterization that earned
      >McKillip her World Fantasy Award."

      Also in the news:

      >MOONHEART - THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION by Charles de Lint
      >(Subterranean, Signed Hardcover, $75.00)

      I remember Moonheart. It wasn't a bad novel, but ... $75? And how can
      this have been 25 years?

      DB
    • jack@greenmanreview.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10 3:40 AM
        >> MOONHEART - THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION by Charles de Lint
        >> (Subterranean, Signed Hardcover, $75.00)
        >
        >I remember Moonheart. It wasn't a bad novel, but ... $75? And how can
        >this have been 25 years?
        >
        >DB

        It's the first hardcover printing since the ever-so-rare Orb printing.

        BTW it's the 20th Anniversary edition, not the 25th.

        We reviewed it here:

        greenmanreview.com/book/book_delint_moonheart_20th.html
      • Stolzi
        Message 3 of 6 , May 10 6:28 AM
          I pulled up Greenman's review of OD MAGIC (review by Elizabeth Vail) when I
          went looking to see if it was Odd Magic, or Olive Drab Magic, or Overdose
          Magic, or what.

          http://www.greenmanreview.com/book/book_mckillip_odmagic.html

          Jack, the "Back to previous page" link at the bottom of said review (as also
          at the review of the DeLint edition) doesn't work.

          http://www.greenmanreview.com/book/book_index/index.html - no good.

          Diamond Proudbrook
        • Stolzi
          Message 4 of 6 , May 10 6:29 AM
            Not sure what this means either:

            "Hone your context-ignorer on some C.S. Lewis "

            An ignorer would seem by definition to be a blunt instrument.

            Diamond Proudbrook
          • Mike Foster
            Message 5 of 6 , May 10 7:43 AM
              Are 'ignorers' not more dull than blunt?

              Mike

            • jack@greenmanreview.com
              Message 6 of 6 , May 10 10:09 AM
                > I pulled up Greenman's review of OD MAGIC (review by Elizabeth Vail) when I
                > went looking to see if it was Odd Magic, or Olive Drab Magic, or Overdose
                > Magic, or what.
                >
                > http://www.greenmanreview.com/book/book_mckillip_odmagic.html
                >
                > Jack, the "Back to previous page" link at the bottom of said review (as also
                > at the review of the DeLint edition) doesn't work.
                >
                > http://www.greenmanreview.com/book/book_index/index.html - no good.

                We knew. We mover hosts going (in teh process) from a IWndows based server to a Unix based
                server. The latter is case sensitive, so all the indexes need re-coding.