Re: Alvin Maker series

  • karlstar2
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2005
      This is an excellent series, particularly the first three books.
      Unfortunately, he's lost a little steam completing it lately.

      The strength of this series, like all of his works, is the characters.
      I really enjoy the alternate history aspect also. At times, Alvin
      seems a little too helpless, but there's a method to that also. I
      really don't have any complaints with the series, though I wish Card
      would finish it.

      With regards to the topic of whether this might be a North American
      'mythic' series, it almost is. Someone else might have a better
      opinion. It does blend some native aspects, along with our own
      American mythic characters.

      Jim

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"