Alvin Maker series

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6 7:44 AM
      I didn't look at the reviews for the first two books yet, but I see the
      third book (looking later in the series, I want to see how long it is etc.)
      is getting some negative reviews. Big picture anyone?

      thanks,

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      www.lizziewriter.com
      www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org
    • karlstar2
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6 3:08 PM
        This is an excellent series, particularly the first three books.
        Unfortunately, he's lost a little steam completing it lately.

        The strength of this series, like all of his works, is the characters.
        I really enjoy the alternate history aspect also. At times, Alvin
        seems a little too helpless, but there's a method to that also. I
        really don't have any complaints with the series, though I wish Card
        would finish it.

        With regards to the topic of whether this might be a North American
        'mythic' series, it almost is. Someone else might have a better
        opinion. It does blend some native aspects, along with our own
        American mythic characters.

        Jim

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"