Re: [mythsoc] *cross post* Book of Invasions ?

  • alexeik@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2005
      In a message dated 5/5/5 11:40:54 PM, Lizzie Triano wrote:

      <<Isn't there a totally famous old Irish ms called The Book of Invasions?
      What else do I need to know about it to find it on amazon? I'll post this
      a few places and hope for a faster response that way.

      It's actually a text (_Lebor Gabála Érenn_) of which several versions exist
      in different manuscripts. The standard edition (bilingual, with Irish and
      English on facing pages) is by the Irish Texts Society, but it's something like six
      large volumes, so I don't know if it's something you'll want to jump up and
      order (if you're *really* that interested, you can get it from
      booksforscholars.com). You can also read translations of excerpts from it in the Cross &
      Slover anthology of early Irish literature.
      Alexei