Re: [mythsoc] article on Christopher Tolkien

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2005
      You can find some biographical information in Carpenter's edition of
      Tolkien's _Letters_, and in Carpenter's _Biography_ of Tolkien. I think
      there are also some details to be gleaned in Hooper's _C.S. Lewis
      Companion_.

      Douglas Anderson prepared a bibliography for Flieger and Hostetter,
      eds., _Tolkien's Legendarium_.

      On Apr 30, 2005, at 11:39 AM, Vincent Ferré wrote:

      > Good evening,
      >
      > I have been asked by the director of a publication project on Fantasy
      > to write (among other entries) a short text on Christopher Tolkien.
      > But "apart" from his editorial work, which will be the core of my
      > paper, I do not know many things (biography, academic career) about
      > him. Does anyone know where I could find such information ?
      >
      > thanks in advance,
      >
      > Vincent Ferré
    • Vincent Ferré
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2005
        Many thanks, David & Carl. I had thought of the Letters (I've just finished translating them into French) and of the Legendarium, but not of the Inklings (!) nor C.S. Lewis
        Companion.
        And thanks, too, for the additional information, David.
        Thanks very much, and I'll let you know when the (short) "paper"'s finished

        all the best,

        Vincent