Re: [mythsoc] The letters between C. S. Lewis and Arthur C. Clarke

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2005
      At 02:28 PM 4/30/2005 -0400, WendellWag@... wrote:
      >I'm currently reading the book _From Narnia to a Space Odyssey: The War of
      >Ideas between Arthur C. Clarke and C. S. Lewis_, edited by Ryder W. Miller.
      >It's a good idea for a book, but it's terribly done. Miller is no expert on
      >either Lewis or Clarke and the introductory essays on the two men are full
      >of misinformation. The copyediting on the book is pretty poor too. The
      >biggest problem though is the editing of the letters from Lewis.
      >Has anyone tried to produce a better set of transcriptions of Lewis's
      >letters in this book?

      The letters have also been published, without filler, in a 2003 book titled
      "Arthur C. Clarke and C.S. Lewis: A Correspondence," but I don't have this
      and don't know if it's any better.

      Or one could wait until December and the expected publication date of the
      third volume of Lewis's collected letters, but scholars have been
      discovering that the transcriptions in the previous volumes of that aren't
      impeccable either.

      David Bratman