Re: [mythsoc] Jeopardy!

  • jamcconney@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 27, 2005
      In a message dated 4/27/2005 10:18:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      dbratman@... writes:

      Two in the category, AUTHORS' MIDDLE NAMES (I kept waiting for them to ask
      >F. Scott Fitzgerald's middle name!)

      Or Rudyard Kipling's middle name.

      Or Flannery O'Connor's middle name

      Anne
      (who is actually J. Anne....)

    • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 27, 2005
        I believe Sarah said that she occassionally will put a question in. They
        know her interests and will ask her when she has a strong knowledge of
        something. Nothing in those three questions that would be hard for
        anyone who has a general knowledge of the authors would know though.

        The trick with Jeopardy is to create questions that everyone has a
        chance of knowing, which means not going too specific in a particular
        question, even the ones at the end. So yes, Use the Experts to verify
        the questions and answers, but use a generalist to create the questions
        and answers (or is that Answers and Questions, this is Jeopardy after all).

        Lisa

        WendellWag@... wrote:

        >In a message dated 4/26/2005 11:12:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        >bernip@... writes:
        >
        >So we know Sarah Beach still works on the show!
        >

        >I thought Sarah only researched the correctness of answers and didn't write
        >them.

      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 27, 2005
          "Name three writers who contributed to Essays Presented to Charles Williams"

          Naaah....probably not.