Jeopardy!

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 26, 2005
      JRR Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Dorothy L. Sayers were =all= answers to
      questions tonight.

      Diamond Proudbrook
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 26, 2005
        From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>

        > JRR Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Dorothy L. Sayers were =all= answers to
        > questions tonight.

        So we know Sarah Beach still works on the show!

        Berni
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 26, 2005
          In a message dated 4/26/2005 7:33:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          Stolzi@... writes:

          JRR Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Dorothy L. Sayers were =all= answers to
          questions tonight.

          Do you recall the questions for them?

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 26, 2005
            In a message dated 4/26/2005 11:12:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            bernip@... writes:

            So we know Sarah Beach still works on the show!

            I thought Sarah only researched the correctness of answers and didn't write
            them.

          • Stolzi
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 27, 2005
              > I thought Sarah only researched the correctness of answers and didn't
              write
              > them.

              That is what she told me.

              You ask about the questions. Unfortunately, Sarah also told me there is no
              website to look up scripts of past shows.

              As best I remember:

              Two in the category, AUTHORS' MIDDLE NAMES (I kept waiting for them to ask
              F. Scott Fitzgerald's middle name!)

              "Ronald Reuel" were this writer's middle names.

              It's no mystery that the "L" in this woman author's name stood
              for "Leigh."

              One in the category, ROLES

              This writer of theology, fantasy and science fiction was played
              by Anthony Hopkins in the film "Shadowlands."

              Diamond Proudbrook
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 27, 2005
                At 09:03 AM 4/27/2005 -0500, Stolzi wrote:

                >Two in the category, AUTHORS' MIDDLE NAMES (I kept waiting for them to ask
                >F. Scott Fitzgerald's middle name!)

                Or Rudyard Kipling's middle name.

                DB
              • jamcconney@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 27, 2005
                  In a message dated 4/27/2005 10:18:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,
                  dbratman@... writes:

                  Two in the category, AUTHORS' MIDDLE NAMES (I kept waiting for them to ask
                  >F. Scott Fitzgerald's middle name!)

                  Or Rudyard Kipling's middle name.

                  Or Flannery O'Connor's middle name

                  Anne
                  (who is actually J. Anne....)

                • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 27, 2005
                    I believe Sarah said that she occassionally will put a question in. They
                    know her interests and will ask her when she has a strong knowledge of
                    something. Nothing in those three questions that would be hard for
                    anyone who has a general knowledge of the authors would know though.

                    The trick with Jeopardy is to create questions that everyone has a
                    chance of knowing, which means not going too specific in a particular
                    question, even the ones at the end. So yes, Use the Experts to verify
                    the questions and answers, but use a generalist to create the questions
                    and answers (or is that Answers and Questions, this is Jeopardy after all).

                    Lisa

                    WendellWag@... wrote:

                    >In a message dated 4/26/2005 11:12:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                    >bernip@... writes:
                    >
                    >So we know Sarah Beach still works on the show!
                    >

                    >I thought Sarah only researched the correctness of answers and didn't write
                    >them.

                  • Mike Foster
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 27, 2005
                      "Name three writers who contributed to Essays Presented to Charles Williams"

                      Naaah....probably not.