OT Question about a British scholar RHR

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 1:04 PM
      Hello,

      Some years ago there was a British, or English, scholar named Rossell Hope
      Robbins. He died in the late 1980s I believe. He wrote a book called The
      Encyclopedia of Witchcraft and Demonology and I'm not sure what else; he
      was a medievalist so far as I know. He had rather an antipathy towards the
      "white witch" Sybil something I believe her name was, a lady with a raven.
      In his later years he taught Chaucer at Albany State.

      He always wore a short heavy silver necklace with what looked like an oval
      locket on it. He once said that it was one way that people could recognize
      him at events. Does anyone know what exactly it was? Was it a locket with
      something in it, or a family heirloom, or what?

      just curious,

      thanks,

      Lizzie (the jewelry fiend)

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano