Re: [mythsoc] Owen Barfield in the media

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17 9:54 AM
      At 07:19 AM 4/17/2005 -0400, Carl F. Hostetter wrote:

      >Mm, no, I rather think Mr. Sullivan is calling anyone who would write
      >this:

      Sullivan didn't limit himself to quoting that part. I think the name-drops
      of intended conversational familiarity with the philosophies of Barfield
      and Arendt is part of the effect that Sullivan is pointing at.

      I don't say Sullivan's reaction is wrong. I can discuss Barfield myself,
      but I would have to be feeling mighty puffed to write something like what
      he quoted. I doubt the actual conversation was as ethereal as depicted,
      and probably consisted just of passing references.

      - David Bratman