Anyone Seen Foxtrot? Re: [mythsoc] RINGS FANS PETITION FILMMAKERS

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 7:47 PM
      Speaking of fans and their reactions to the movie, is anyone else
      reading the comic strip Foxtrot? Lately, the youngest son (an SF
      computer nerd) and his friend have been Frodo and Sam in the
      movie. Complaining and quoting whole sections of the original
      book back to Jackson. Today the kid was being fired as Frodo and
      screamed as they tried to remove "It's my Precious". I take it
      the writer of the script Bill Amend is a Tolkien fan.

      Note - If this strip is not in your local newspaper (or you don't
      get a local paper), the San Jose Mercury News at
      http://www.mercurycenter.com/ has a comics section where you can
      read it.

      Mythically yours,

      Lisa