  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2005
      A query I just got--something about this sounds vaguely familiar. Can one
      of you frighteningly knowledgeable folks give me the specifics?

      "Do you (or anyone in the Group) remember reading about some 'orphan
      words' that our favorite philologist Tolkien wanted to investigate? I
      can't remember where I read that bit, nor can I remember whether the words
      that intriqued him were mentioned. Any ideas?"

      Edith L. Crowe
      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
      http://www.mythsoc.org