Early Registration: "Past Watchful Dragons" update

  • Amy H. Sturgis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 4:58 PM
      Greetings!

      Early registration for "'Past Watchful Dragons': Fantasy and Faith in the World of C.S. Lewis" is now open at http://www.belmont.edu/cslewis. Please note that tickets to the Douglas Gresham banquet are extremely limited, and once sold out, will no longer be available either to full conference registrants or a la carte ticket buyers.

      Also, Belmont University has made arrangements with Embassy Suites Hotel Nashville at Vanderbilt to provide a special rate of $115/night for conference attendees. Room reservations include full made-to-order breakfasts each morning. Belmont University will provide complimentary shuttle service at the beginning and ending of each conference day for all fully registered conference attendees, and Embassy Suites will provide shuttle service between the hotel and university throughout each day on a first-come, first-serve basis.

      Reservations can be made in the following ways:

      1. Call 1-800-EMBASSY and ask for the Belmont - C.S. Lewis Conference rate.

      2. Call the onsite reservationist, Jenni Wargolet, at 615-277-4963.

      3. Email the onsite reservationist at Jenni_Wargolet@.... She will need the dates of your stay, your address, phone number and a credit card number with expiration date in order to make your reservation. Don't forget to reference the group name above.

      4. Visit http://www.nashvilleatvanderbilt.embassysuites.com
      Enter the dates of your stay and then under group/convention code type BCS. The group rate will display.

      If you have any questions about the reservations process, please contact Jenni Wargolet at 615-277-4963.

      Rooms are limited, so early reservations are encouraged.

      Reservations must be made by October 2, 2005 to be eligible for the conference rate.

      If you have any other questions about the conference, please don't hesitate to let me know.

      Many thanks!

      Amy

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Amy H. Sturgis, Ph.D.
      Interdisciplinary Studies
      Belmont University
      sturgisa@...
      http://home.mindspring.com/~ahsturgis/
      "I look East, West, North, South, and I do
      not see Sauron, but I see that Saruman has
      many descendants. We Hobbits have
      against them no magic weapons. Yet, my
      gentlehobbits, I give you this toast: To the
      Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans
      and see spring again in the trees."
      -J.R.R. Tolkien, from a 1958 speech