Re: [mythsoc] Lovecraft volume now in "Library of America"

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 4 12:22 PM
      Well, most of my books are used, and while I do use all kinds of eclectic
      things for bookmarks, I've always dog-eared them. Blame my dad. And I'm
      passing on the trait, although I suppose I should teach the kids not to do
      it to borrowed books.

      It's better than not reading. And I thought this WAS purgatory.

      Lizzie, not terribly repentant

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      www.lizziewriter.com
      www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

    • juliet@firinn.org
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4 12:39 PM
        On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 03:13:01PM -0400, Christine Howlett wrote:

        > Dog-earing good books probably earns you more time in purgatory - at least
        > that was my Mom's religion! I tear off scraps of newspaper or pieces of
        > cloth if I can't find a 'real' bookmark....

        Am I the only one who just memorizes page numbers? With cheap and non-fragile
        books I am also known to leave the book open face down, which I'm sure is as
        bad as dog-earing.

        Julie
      • Bonnie Callahan
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 4 2:47 PM
          I use rubber bands as bookmarks, myself--if a cheapie. If not, a large hair
          elastic that isn't too tight!

          Bonnie