Re: [mythsoc] Lovecraft volume now in "Library of America"

  • Christine Howlett
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 4 12:13 PM
      Dog-earing good books probably earns you more time in purgatory - at least
      that was my Mom's religion! I tear off scraps of newspaper or pieces of
      cloth if I can't find a 'real' bookmark....
      Christine
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4 12:22 PM
        Well, most of my books are used, and while I do use all kinds of eclectic
        things for bookmarks, I've always dog-eared them. Blame my dad. And I'm
        passing on the trait, although I suppose I should teach the kids not to do
        it to borrowed books.

        It's better than not reading. And I thought this WAS purgatory.

        Lizzie, not terribly repentant

        Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia
        www.lizziewriter.com
        www.danburymineralogicalsociety.org

      • juliet@firinn.org
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 4 12:39 PM
          On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 03:13:01PM -0400, Christine Howlett wrote:

          > Dog-earing good books probably earns you more time in purgatory - at least
          > that was my Mom's religion! I tear off scraps of newspaper or pieces of
          > cloth if I can't find a 'real' bookmark....

          Am I the only one who just memorizes page numbers? With cheap and non-fragile
          books I am also known to leave the book open face down, which I'm sure is as
          bad as dog-earing.

          Julie
        • Bonnie Callahan
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 4 2:47 PM
            I use rubber bands as bookmarks, myself--if a cheapie. If not, a large hair
            elastic that isn't too tight!

            Bonnie