A Thank You

  • Walkermonk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
      Dear List Members,

      I ask your indulgence to say a public "Thank You" to someone who changed my
      life.

      After years of wishing to find others who loved Tolkien and Lewis like I did,
      I had given up and decided that I was just alone. About 10 years ago, though,
      I met someone. Who not only loved Lewis and Tolkien but knew of others who
      shared our delight -- a whole passle of others, some even crazier than I was
      (and am)! Through this person's efforts, help, support, and friendship, I have
      been able to participate in Myth Cons, Oxonmoots, and this very list. I have
      read authors I would otherwise have never met (Neil Gaiman not the least of
      these!). I have formed friendships that have enriched my life beyond measure. But
      none have enriched my life more than my dear friend, Mary Stolzenbach. Today is
      her birthday.

      Happy Birthday, Mary. I can never thank you enough.

      Much love,
      grace

    • Stolzi
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
        Aw, gee....
      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
          Hello, Mythies!

          Mary has added a great deal to my life, too! I still recall the weekend I
          spent with her in Nashville with fondness (I first saw a Veggie Tales
          video. And heard a wonderful parody of Wagner's Ring cycle at her house!
          What fun!) By agreeing to be co-editrix of BW, she's been wonderful,
          patient and stern when she must be. She's kept BW alive by those efforts;
          I also enjoy reading her literary judgements.

          God bless her and keep her! Happy Birthday!

          (Happy belated Birthday to Grace, too. I didn't get to my e-mail til April
          1. Do forgive me, Grace!) ---djb

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • Bonnie Callahan
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
            Hey I missed Grace's BD Happyhappyjoy joy to you too!. I've gotten 2000
            E-mails since Feb.
            (A New Record!)
            and may have lost that 'un.

            Also want to weigh in and thank all of you Mythies and the Society for all the
            JOY and FUN
            and ENLIGHTNMENT over the last 36 years! My first semester after joining I was
            so
            mentally stimulated my college GPA went from 2.7 to 4.0!

            Best to all,
            Bonnie